Jordan A. Shaw is a partner at Zebersky Payne, LLP. A 2016 and 2017 Super Lawyers Rising Star, Mr. Shaw represents both individuals and businesses in matters involving complex commercial and business litigation, consumer litigation, and class action litigation. Mr. Shaw also handles various transactional matters including corporate formation, contract and lease negotiation and preparation, and other general counsel items. Mr. Shaw has represented clients ranging from entrepreneurial start-ups and individual consumers, to publicly traded companies and classes of thousands.
Mr. Shaw’s notable cases range from a negligent security case on behalf of an amputee, to the successful defense an NVOCC logistics company in a 1.5 million-dollar negligent selection suit, a case that changed the legal standard in cases of similar nature. Mr. Shaw as also handled partnership disputes, derivative actions, other business tort cases, including a 30 million-dollar securities fraud litigation, as well as individual and class action cases involving telephone auto-dialers / robocalls (TCPA) and consumer debt collection regulations (FCCPA and FDCPA). Jordan A. Shaw is licensed to practice in both state and federal courts in Florida and has completed two federal judicial externships, one with Federal Magistrate, Alicia M. Otazo Reyes, and another with the Honorable James Lawrence King, the man after whom the James Lawrence King Federal Justice building was named.
Active in the legal and academic community, Mr. Shaw serves on the University of Miami Law Alumni Association Board of Directors, and has lectured at the University of Miami School of Law on the topic of federal civil procedure and at the Broward County Bar Association on the topic of persuasion and human communication. He was named to the “Bristol Who’s Who List of Distinguished Professionals” and received the “Clients Choice” award from AVVO. In 2015 he was also nominated for the South Florida Business Journal’s 40 under 40 list, and South Florida Business and Wealth’s “Up and Comer” Award.
Prior to joining Zebersky Payne, Jordan A. Shaw, Esq. was the Managing Partner and co-founder of the South Florida business and trial firm, Shaw Lewenz, LLC, where he focused on complex commercial litigation, general business counsel, and personal injury.
Mr. Shaw is an alumnus of The University of Miami School of Law, graduating Magna Cum Laude and receiving membership to the Order of the Coif, a national honor given only to those “who have demonstrated the highest academic achievement.” While at the University of Miami, Mr. Shaw was an editor of the University of Miami Law Review and worked as a Deans Fellow for Dean Patricia White, instructing first year students in the art of legal writing and case analysis. In his graduating year, Mr. Shaw was again named a Deans Fellow and taught a supplemental first-year contract law class for Professor Robert Rosen, J.D., Phd.Working closely with Harvard and University of Miami Professor, Sergio J. Campos, Mr. Shaw also performed research pertaining to the complexities of class action litigation and the Senate filibuster. His work with Professor Campos and in the Federal Court, allowed him to write an in-depth article on Class Action Litigation and Federal Rule 68, as well as an article regarding the interplay between Class Action Litigation and Bankruptcy.
The difference between dreaming and winning is dreaming needs effortless sleep; winning needs sleepless effort — Unknown
- Super Lawyer Rising Star: 2016, 2017
- AIOPA “10” Best Client Satesfaction Award
- University of Miami Law Alumni Assn. Board of Directors
- Bristol Who’s Who Distinguished Professional
- Magna Cum Laude
- Order of the Coif
- University of Miami Law Review
- Richard A. Hausler Outstanding Merit Award
- Dennis O. Lynch Outstanding Merit Award
- Book Award for Highest Grade in Contracts
- Book Award for Highest Grade in Torts
- Book Award for Highest Grade in Federal Civil Procedure
- Book Award for Highest Grade in Federal Evidence
- Book Award for Highest Grade in Torture & the Law
- Florida State Courts
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- University of Miami School of Law, J.D., Magna Cum Laude
- Order of the Coif
- University Of Miami Law Review
- Student Ambassador
- Deans Fellow: Elements, Contracts
- Student Bar Association Liaison
- Faculty Senate Curriculum Committee
- Nova Southeastern University, B.A. Communication Studies
- Broward County Bar Association
- Dade County Bar Association
- Federal Bar Association
- Miramar Pembroke Pines Chamber of Commerce
- Greater Ft. Lauderdale Chamber of Commerce
- Business Network International
- American Association for Justice